Davide Damiani completed his studies in singing, double-bass, composition and conducting at the conservatories of Pesaro, Parma and Bologna. From 1986 to 1990 he studied conducting in Vienna with Julius Kalmar and 1992 he took the final Diploma at the Conservatory of Bologna.
In 1992 he was assistant conductor to Gustav Kuhn at the Arena Sferisterio in Macerata and after this period he received many invitations from different opera houses and concert halls in Italy and elsewhere in Europe. In 1993, alongside his conducting activity, he made his debut as a baritone in Mozart’s Don Giovanni (title role) in Tel Aviv.
Davide Damiani has worked with many distinguished conductors, such as Riccardo Muti, Zubin Mehta, Nikolaus Harnoncourt, Marcello Viotti, Daniel Oren, Riccardo Chailly, Rafael Frühbeck de Burgos, Fabio Luisi, Philippe Jordan, Kazushi Ono, Zoltan Pesko, Anton Guadagno, Carlo Rizzi, Lothar Koenigs, John Neschling, Jonathan Webb, Arnold Bosman, Julius Rudel, Gerd Albrecht and stage directors such as Franco Zeffirelli, Hans Neuenfels, Robert Carsen, Cesare Lievi, David Pountney, Stephen Lawless, Götz Friedrich, Giorgio Barberio Corsetti, Daniele Abbado and Luc Bondy.
From 1995 to 1999, Davide Damiani became an artist in residence with the VIENNA STAATSOPER, where he performed with great acclaim in the following operas:
- Madama Butterfly (Sharpless)Le Nozze di Figaro (Conte d´Almaviva)
- L´Elisir d´Amore (Belcore)
- Meyerbeer’s Le Prophéte (Oberthal) NEW PRODUCTION
- Enescu’s Oedipe (Créon) NEW PRODUCTION recorded for CD
- Giordano’s Fedora (De Siriex) with Placido Domingo
- Verdi’s Jérusalem (Comte de Toulose) with Josè Carreras, conducted by Zubin Mehta NEW PRODUCTION filmed for TV.
In 1995 he represented Italy in the “Cardiff Singer of the world” and “Operalia” Competitions.
He soon developed a full career of guest performances, which has led him to the following opera houses :
- TEATRO SAN CARLO DI NAPOLI:L´Elisir d´Amore (Belcore) with Luciano Pavarotti
- TEATRO REGIO DI TORINO; CARDIFF, PALM BEACH OPERA,
- TORONTO, TEATRO FILARMONICO DI VERONA: Don Giovanni (title role)
- TEATRO MASSIMO DI PALERMO: Puccini’s Manon Lescaut (Lescaut)
- TEATRO CARLO FELICE DI GENOVA, MAGGIO MUSICALE FIORENTINO: The Rape of Lucretia (Prince Tarquinius)
TEATRO COMUNALE DI RAVENNA, TEATRO BELLINI DI CATANIA, TEATRO COMUNALE DI MODENA: The Rakes´s Progress (Nick Shadow)
- STADTTHEATER ST. GALLEN: Don Giovanni (title role), L’Elisir d’Amore (Belcore), Ariadne auf Naxos (Harlekin)
- TOKYO: Madama Butterfly (Sharpless) and La Traviata (Germont)
- TEL AVIV: Lucia di Lammermoor (Enrico)
- DEUTSCHE OPER AM RHEIN DÜSSELDORF: Le Nozze di Figaro (Conte d´Almaviva) and Don Giovanni (title role)
- BERLIN, BERGAMO: Bohème (Marcello)
- TEATRO LIRICO DI CAGLIARI: Granados’s Goyescas (Paquiro) recorded for CD, and Le Nozze di Figaro (Conte d’Almaviva)
- TEATRO COMUNALE DI BOLOGNA: Fabio Vacchi’s Les Oiseaux de Passage (Alexandre) and Guido Turchi’s Exil
- TEATRO PICCINNI DI BARI: Piccinni’s Didon (Iarbe) recorded for CD
- TEATRO VERDI DI TRIESTE, STADTTHEATER BASEL: Verdi’s Falstaff (Ford)
- WEXFORD OPERA FESTIVAL: Mercadante’s Il Giuramento (Manfredo) recorded for CD and scenes from Rigoletto (title role)
- MILANO AUDITORIUM: Beethoven’s 9th Symphony